From the Windsor Star – December 9, 1953:
Pictured here is the new Bell Telephone building which will house dial switching equipment to serve the LaSalle area when the new exchange is opened early next spring. The attractive one story structure is located on the east side of the River Front road. The LaSalle are is served at present by rural lines from Windsor. The new exchange will make individual or two-party service available within the town and will also serve the surrounding rural area. Calls between all Windsor and LaSalle numbers will be dialed direct, without long distance charges. Calls between Tecumseh and LaSalle will be by dialing “operator”, and long distance charges apply.