One of the old prohibition era roadhouses, was the Edgewater Inn, in Riverside. It was owned by Bertha Thomas, a very colourful character, who moved to Riverside from Detroit as a widow in the early 1920’s. She died in 1955.
Later known as Adam Martini’s, the old tavern burned down in 1970. It was located on Riverside Drive & Bertha Street. Lilly Kazzilli’s was built on the site of the old Edgewater. The old Thomas house, which was just west of the tavern, was demolished in 1983, with Mayor Elizabeth Kishkon saying at the time the building “really has no history”.